Following on from its hugely successful August five-day event, Arrow Video FrightFest is back at the Cineworld, Leicester Square, London with a bumper two-day Halloween event on Friday 29 and Saturday 30 October, presenting nine fear-packed premieres from around the world. Here’s what they’ll be screening:
Friday 29 October
- The Seed (Sam Walker, UK), a gut-bursting alien creature feature set in the Mojave desert.
- Barbarians (Charles Dorfman, UK), a subtle shocker based around a birthday dinner party (and male egos).
- The Possessed (Chris Sun, Australia), a supernatural shocker inspired by true events.
Saturday 30 October
- Pennywise: The Story of It (John Campopiano & Chris Griffiths, UK) hugely informative in-depth documentary, packed with little-known details and rare behind-the-scenes footage.
- Last Survivors (Drew Mylrea, USA), an intense and ultimately tragic study of isolation and family bonds.
- De uskyldige AKA The Innocents (Eskil Vogt, Norway), a creepy art house horror exploring the lonely, uncanny and often accidentally violent world of childhood.
- Amulet (Romola Garai, UK), a freaky and frightening chiller, which Adam Chimeo called “nightmarish.”
- Veneciafrenia (Álex de la Iglesia, Spain), a shocking fable about tourism.
- Miracle Valley (Greg Sestero, USA), about a couple facing their demons, while searching for an ultra-rare bird.
Alan Jones, FrightFest co-director, said today: “It’s that time of year again, so shake off those summer cobwebs, throw on your Michael Myers mask and embrace the horror fantasy genre as Arrow Video FrightFest brings you its latest Samhain celebration, with nine brand-spanking-new features.”
Passes and tickets go on sale at noon on Saturday 2 October. (Online booking only, and all the tickets are plus fees.)
Looking for more on FrightFest? We’ve got you: